[OM] Re: OM-1 Polariser/Polarizer

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 Polariser/Polarizer
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 19:33:11 +0000
I use circular polarizers with both the E-1 and E-330 just because those are
the newest and best multi-coated B+W polarizers I have.  But I don't think it
make any difference.  AFAIK, linear will work just as well.  And you can't
really duplicate the most important effect of a polarizer in post processing,
which is to kill reflections.  If you just want to darken the sky, then don't
bother with the two stops' speed loss and PS it.

I could be wrong about the linear vs. circular thing, and if I am, I'm sure
I'll find out soon.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from