[OM] Flash Shoe Voltage E-500

Subject: [OM] Flash Shoe Voltage E-500
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:03:01 -0500
            I'm sure this has been covered before but it has slipped my
memory and I can't get the Archives Search to work: What is the official
Olympus position on a safe flash shoe voltage for the E-series cameras
ie what shoe voltage must you stay under to remain safe? I would like to
use my Sunpak 422D on my E-500. I have measured the foot voltage
potential at ~11 volts which seems pretty low compared to others I've
heard. Also, when used in Normal Auto Mode, do I have to use the
standard foot or is the dedicated OM foot OK? Thanks.

Charlie