[OM] Re: Flash Shoe Voltage E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Flash Shoe Voltage E-500
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:39:50 -0400
I don't think Oly has made any statement that I'm aware of regarding
suitable voltage on the hot shoe of any E thing camera.  However, I'm
sure many folks have used a T-32 in the E-500 hot shoe by now and I just
measured one of my T-32's at 11 volts, same as the Sunpak.

We also determined recently that the OM TTL control pins do not contact
anything but insulated area in the E thing hot shoe.  The 422D doesn't
pull up its feet like the T-32 does but it doesn't matter since they'll
be sitting on plastic.  And even if they weren't that doesn't matter
either as I proved by putting a 422D with OM TTL shoe into my Minolta
FS-1100 flash adapter which directly shorts the control pins to ground.
  No harm to the flash.

I say keep the TTL foot in place and go for it.

Chuck Norcutt