[OM] Re: Depth of Field

Subject: [OM] Re: Depth of Field
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:50:41 -0400
I think you'll find that the total DOF is more closely approximated as
1/3 in front of and 2/3 behind the main point of focus.  You can use
this to advantage but, if there's some particular point that should get
all the attention, you may want to focus critically on that spot
regardless of how the DOF pans out.  Keep in mind also that sharpness is
a continuum.

Chuck Norcutt