[OM] Re: 4/3 Future

Subject: [OM] Re: 4/3 Future
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:30:22 -0600
Fenwick,Thomas,YORK,GROUP IS wrote:
> Hi all.  Not sure what this means, but it looks interesting...
>
> Tom
>
> http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/parts/image_for_link/56449-4049-2-1.html

Well, I'm glad to see that SOMEONE decided it was time to make a
fixed-focal-length "normal" lens (the 25mm F1.4) for the Four-Thirds
system.  Shame it wasn't Oly announcing this...

On the other hand, Sony's new wonderbrick A100 appears to address
several of the shortcomings of the E-Thingie series (particularly the
combo of in-body image stabilization and a wave filter to keep the
sensor clean, as well as the 10 megapixel sensor size).  I'm waiting for
Oly's offerings in September, but if they still fail to materialize with
a new pro-level body, I may just take my existing excess cash and get
the Sony.  That means my E-1/legacy lenses combo will be it.

Garth