[OM] Re: Broken, worn or user incompetence?

Subject: [OM] Re: Broken, worn or user incompetence?
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:58:47 -0500
There are two versions of the selftimer lever (of course!) -- original
metal, replaced with plastic.  You've got the plastic one.  The tab on the
end should be square, not beveled.  You'll need to get a replacement
selftimer lever.  Fortunately, any plastic selftimer lever will do, from any
OM-1/1n or 2/2n.

If the retainer for the selftimer lever is loosened, the small arm
underneath will "buzz" back to the stop.  This arm is under spring tension,
and should be pulled away from the stop before the lever is replaced.  If it
isn't, the selftimer lever will end up on the wrong side of the arm, or if
the retainer is tightened with the tab on top of the arm, it will be
damaged.

Before installing the replacement selftimer lever, first pull the small tab
you move to activate the selftimer _away_ from the lens mount.  Then you'll
need to turn the small arm around the base of the selftimer shaft away from
it's stop -- reach in with a small screwdriver or something and rotate it
away from the stop.  If you don't turn it far enough, it will start
"buzzing" back down as soon as you let go of it, so be sure to move it
enough.  There should be a small brass or steel spacer around the selftimer
shaft, then the selftimer lever, a spring washer, and finally the retainer
(counter-clockwise threads).