[OM] Re: Moose's F30 suggestion

Subject: [OM] Re: Moose's F30 suggestion
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:29:18 -0700

> I think the period was about 24 hours for your
>body to release the extra red blood cells needed to transport oxygen
>at high altitude....

More like 2 weeks minimum or more when going to 15,000'. Takes a lot
more red blood cells as there is about 1/2 the air as at sea level.
Altitude affects people differently and seemingly at random. Unrelated
to physical fitness. Above somewhere between 5-6000m the human body
can't maintain extended periods. This limit is pushed at some of those
mines in Peru and Bolivia.

Mike