[OM] Re: shooting

Subject: [OM] Re: shooting
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:12:41 -0300

> Savages........  They will enjoy those pictures when they are older.

It's probably the only type of pictures they will value after I'm gone. The
scenery type ones are only for myself in the present. My dad passed away a
few days ago, and we've had to go through his things, including pictures.
It's the pictures he and mom took of us kids 50 years ago that we valued,
not the scenery pics he took when on vacations.

> They
> should try my new 460 S$W pistol. It has a pretty good wallop and
> definitely
> gets ones attention. I have a 475 Maximum pistol for sale if anybody is
> interested. It's an Encore 12-inch barrel with dies and brass.

I think 44 mag in the Ruger is about all the suffering my wrist needs. Next
time out I'm taking along a 9mm for them to try, which might be a bit more
sensible than the stuff you're proposing :-)

>It's good for
> a father to teach kids about guns rather than have them learn from
> friends.
> Safety practices must be rigorous. /jmac

Yes, and not to mention its fun to watch kids learn about guns when they
learn safety, but not the ridiculous phobias that are supposedly politically
correct here in Canada. I don't want my kids "freaking out" (whatever that
is) every time they see a gun.

Wayne