[OM] 4/3 portrait lens focal length

Subject: [OM] 4/3 portrait lens focal length
From: Don Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 20:44:58 -0700 (PDT)
I have not yet made the digital SLR switch, although I am getting
closer.  With 35mm film cameras, a good focal length for portraits is
generally thought to be in the 75 - 150mm range.  (I really like my
Zuiko 135 f2.8) My question is, with the 4/3 system with the 2X crop
magnification, is the same 75 - 150mm still the best for portrait
work, or would 1/2 of that focal length be best to use, with the
resulting image with the 2X factor being the same size image.  My
thought is that the angle of view and perspective with the 75-150mm
range is the same with the 4/3 even though the image size is greater
due to the 2X factor, so the ideal portrait lense would still be the
75 - 150mm.  This means one would have to stand about twice as far
from the subject to get the same size image unsing a 4/3 camera.
Any thoughts or experience from others?

http://mail.yahoo.com