[OM] Re: $1000-1200 budget = 2 cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: $1000-1200 budget = 2 cameras
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 05:41:33 -0500
Barry B. Bean wrote:
> My wife has a budget of $1000 +/- $200 to buy 2 digital cameras for her high
> school yearbook class.

Is it beyond consideration to pick up an E-1 with a kit lens on That
Auction Site for $600 or so (I see Cameta's E-1s still seem to be
going closer to $800)? It's a tough camera and, no matter what
happens to Olympus, it doesn't hurt kids to learn one system and
then move to another (assuming they even have to). Then the rest of
the money could be spent on a waterproof P&S. Oly sells 'em, as does
Pentax. That probably would leave your wife a few dollars to spend
on cases and accessories.

Steve