[OM] Re: Protective Filters

Subject: [OM] Re: Protective Filters
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:23:34 +0000
I'm the commando sort, too.  What with the Graphic, Mamiya, OM and E-Thingy
systems, I've probably got 50 lenses, 49 of which have perfect front elements
and undented filter rings.  The only exception is the 35-105/3.5-4.5 Zuiko,
which has a barely visible 3-4mm scratch about halfway between the center and
the edge.  How it got there is still a mystery to me, but it has absolutely no
detrimental effect that I can tell, and certainly less than even the finest
filter would have.

I think I have said it before: If there's no reason to use a filter, there's no
reason to use a filter.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from