[OM] Re: Protective Filters

Subject: [OM] Re: Protective Filters
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:59:39 -0400
Once again, Wikipedia comes to the rescue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_commando

Apparently Kramer hinted at the phrase but didn't say it.  He did say,
"I'm out there, Jerry, and I'm lovin' every minute of it! "

Joey and Rachel use the term "going commando in a 1996 episode of
'Friends'.  In the producers' commentary of the episode, they mention
the fact that the phrase "going commando" entered the Oxford English
Dictionary because of that particular episode.  Anyone have an OED
handy?

The Commandos were characters in 'Life of Brian' but I don't recall
any reference to the current context.

No wonder some list members have departed this off-topic veil of tears
. . . the only OM reference is hidden in the word "cOMmando".

ScottGee1