[OM] English (OM) as it is written

Subject: [OM] English (OM) as it is written
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:13:54 +1200
Ho folks,

Sorry for the confusion.

I wrote:
This morning the conditions were also reasonably good, and over the course
of about an hour I took 24 shots with the 500, 300, 200 and the Tok 135,
varying on-camera contrast, saturation etc plus UV filter.  I'm not at all
satisfied yet.

I found it very difficult to maintain the horizon at the correct angle; on the
Manfrotto head there always seemed to be creep. Also with the Zuiko 300
collar. I did manage to hold exposure value and recompose; but I'm not sure
that this helped camera/lens stability.  I have to work on stability with the
500.
Perhaps I should have written:-
This morning the conditions were also reasonably good, and over the course
of about an hour I took 24 shots with the 500mm, 300mm, 200mm and the
Tok 135mm f/2.8, varying on-camera contrast, saturation etc plus UV filter.
I'm not at all satisfied yet.

I found it very difficult to maintain the horizon at the correct angle; on the
Manfrotto head there always seemed to be creep. Also with the Zuiko
300mm using the tripod collar. I did manage to hold exposure value and
recompose; but I'm not sure that this helped camera/lens stability.  I have to
work on stability with the 500/8.

Does that clarify?  The tripod collar was on the Zuiko 300/4.5 only

Brian