[OM] Re: Adobe buys Rawshooter engine

Subject: [OM] Re: Adobe buys Rawshooter engine
From: "Piers Hemy" <Piers@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:03:06 +0100
A while back I solicited views as to RSE vs the native K-M RAW processor for
the A1.

AG came down firmly in favour of RSE (though I think you may have been
confusing two different K-M products, AG).

I tried the K-M product, but its interface is hardly intuitive.  The Adobe
announcement made me take a look at RSE (while I still had the chance).  I
should have paid more attention to AG (now there's something new!) because
the design concept, usability and results - even after ten minutes playing
around - are stupendous.  I am extremely impressed (and will be interested
to see what Lightroom turns out to be).

I was also interested to see that one of those involved in the RSE
development is none other than noted UK wildlife photographer Andy Rouse
whose says the following "The whole philosophy of the product is to reduce
the time spent in front of a PC and the level of knowledge needed to make
sophisticated technical corrections to your RAW images." at
http://www.naturephotographers.net/articles0205/ar0205-2.html

I think they succeeded.

Get it while you can!

Piers