[OM] Re: heads-up on 190000651307

Subject: [OM] Re: heads-up on 190000651307
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:47:34 -0700
Mostly wrote:
> TOO funny!
>
> Having won the eBay auction for the 100/2.0, got this message from the
> seller today:
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------H
> i there,
> I think I made a mistake with the lens. I saw 2.8 which made me think that
> it was an f/2.8 lens but in reality, I think it is a 2.0. I am really not a
> camera expert but I thought I should tell you before you send the money
> order. If you have any insight, I would appreciate it. My apologies, just
> let me know if you are no longer interested in the lens.
> Thank you, Carrie
>
> I wrote her back, of course, telling her that I was quite upset with this
> news, but her sincere apology helped with my wounded feelings.  I cancelled
> my bid with her kind offer, and we agreed to leave positive feedback for
> each other anyway.
>
> All in all, a VERY near disaster.  I'm just glad she accepted responsibility
> for her mistake and was willing to let me out of the deal.
>
> Dave

Gasp! Cchoke! You mean... I get a second chance at it!
Wow! I'm living right!
Please keep me informed.
I really don't mind that it's a 2.0 instead of a 2.8. What *I* like is that
it's a Zuiko and an Auto-T. All else is window dressing.

Let me know how all this will work out. I'll be glad to reimburse you for any
out-of-pocket costs.
Let me know, and I'll send you my shipping address...

Oh by the way, did you get my message about the factory data sheets I now have
available?

keith whaley
Second place bidder...