[OM] Re: Somebody stop me, please....

Subject: [OM] Re: Somebody stop me, please....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 23:44:40 -0700
Bill Pearce wrote:
>> Seems like a lot of money for camera with a small, dim viewfinder,
>>
> That's one of the but no cigar things. I did handle an E500, and although I
> didn't really like the VF, it wasn't as bad as expected.

 From a VF viewpoint, Panasonic is buying that assembly from Oly, so the
best one can hope for is the same as the E-300, assuming they at least
replace the half-silvered mirror.

For me, one of the big selling points of the E-330 is the live view in
regular mode and the adjustable angle LCD and Panasonic has dropped
both. Even in macro mode, the movable LCD would be a big advantage in
the field. I just don't get it. Cool looks with less functionality
doesn't excite me. If you want their lenses, they will work just fine on
an E-thingie.
>> 3 point autofocus,
>>
> Don't know about that.

Depends on how you use it. I've got DSLRs with lots of AF points - and
only use the center one about 99% of the time, by choice.
> 1 LCD Doesn't bother me, don't like the damn things anyway.

And yet, they are a fact of life on a DSLR, and needed to effectively
use it, and the two LCD model really is better in use and increases
battery life.
>  and a small buffer that only allows four raw
>
>> shots at a leisurely pace.
>>
> Not a problem for me.

Wouldn't be an issue for me either. It will be interesting to me to see
if Panasonic can make their RAW files smaller. Oly's are relatively much
larger than other brands, which means fewer shots on a card.

Moose