[OM] Re: Somebody stop me, please....

Subject: [OM] Re: Somebody stop me, please....
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:14:13 -0500
> Well, rumour has it that the next Mega-E is going to have
> live-view.  It sure would be slick.
One problem with the E330 is a small VF with a semi silvered mirror. I
haven't handled one, as they don''t seem common in stores, but the 300 just
didn't fit my hand at all well, and that's one of the no cigar items about
the panasonic.

If the case is bullet-proof
> like the E-1, it will be a terrific investment.  Hey, at least
> with Olympus you know that whatever you get won't get replaced
> with the "MII" edition six months later.
A good point, and another option.

One option could be the Leica lens on a E whatever or E500 body. I don't
think I'm willing to buy a system without some kind of image stabilization.
I repeat that this is one of the reasons that I don't think Olympus will be
successful with the E1 replacement, unless it contains a Minolta like
sensor.

Bill Pearce