[OM] Re: Messing around at Fuji

Subject: [OM] Re: Messing around at Fuji
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:29:42 +0000
I've still got -- what a surprise! -- a circa mid-'70s Vivitar 110 camera.  I
recently found about 30 old Fotomat envelopes with 110 negatives.  I have
discovered that they are easily scanned with the Minolta 5400, the five-frame
strips being held securely by the 35mm negative holder because of the vertical
frame separator bars.  5400 d.p.i. is a bit of scanning overkill, but I'm
digging out some memorable stuff at 2700 d.p.i. -- at least enough to make it
worth the effort, particularly after a beer or several.  Some have a surprising
amount of sharp detail, like one of a certain presently sitting Georgia
appellate court judge taking a toke from a bong at a Halloween costume party we
had in 1977.  My secret forever.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from