[OM] Re: Messing around at Fuji

Subject: [OM] Re: Messing around at Fuji
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 19:00:24 +0000
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>

> Some have a surprising amount of sharp detail, like one of a certain
> presently sitting Georgia appellate court judge taking a toke from a bong at
> a Halloween costume party we had in 1977.  My secret forever.  :-)
> >
> Did he inhale?
>
> Bill Pearce

Oh, indeed he did.  Brought some of his own stuff, too, just in case ours
wasn't
good or plentiful enough.  (Ours was both.)

But, thinking back on this party, which was a damn good'un, I bet many today
might be surprised by the guest list, none of whom, to the best of my
recollection, eschewed the herb.  As far as I remember, it was:

1 sitting lower court judge
3 ranking police officers
1 sheriff's deputy
2 probation officers
3 registered nurses
1 Navy pilot (this was before drug testing)
1 Delta pilot (see above)
1 orthopedic surgeon
2 legal secretaries
2 court reporters
5 lawyers, one of whom was an assistant DA and another who was later twice
elected to the U.S. House of Representatives
2 flight attendants
1 polygrapher (a retired Miami cop)
3 journalists
1 retired pro football player/insurance salesman
2 housewives
And, of course, me.

And your reward for reading this far is that you get to see a scan of the first
grainy shot on the first of the two rolls of 110 party shots.  This is yours
truly,
about two hours before party time.

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1110_t.jpg

>From looking at my eyes, I'm guessing I was getting a headstart.  But, then,
everybody else arrived with a headstart, too. Remember when nobody had ears?

The Seventies were a hell of a lot more fun than the Oughties are proving to
be,
even if we do have a former doper in charge.  I guess some folks just forget.
They
kept telling us it would f**k up our heads.  It sure did for some.  :-[

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --