[OM] Re: Messing around at Fuji

Subject: [OM] Re: Messing around at Fuji
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:39:28 -0700 (PDT)
> > I'm not having a good day.  This D-Link wireless network
> crap...

I've got an old D-Link wireless router that has been chugging
away relatively nicely for several years now. Well, I had to
replace the wireless card in my wife's laptop so I bought a
close-out bundle from Best-Buy for $19.95.  Yes, that's for both
the USB b/g wireless adaptor for the laptop as well a b/g
router.

Well, stink.  I can't get the new router to work. It insists on
"phoning home" as part of the self configuration. The problem is
that my DSL provider utilizes mac address registeration and
won't let it through. Well, the router won't finish what it
needs to do before you can get to the configuration table to
program in the ghost mac.  Mexican standoff with no Mexicans.

It's sitting in a drawer until I get the nerve to attack it
again.

Oh, one thing about D-Link routers. You've got to disable the
speed-doubling feature in order to be compatible with laptops
with built-in wireless. Minor detail.

Personally, I'll take a Proxim AP-4000 anyday.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com