[OM] Re: heads-up on 190000651307

Subject: [OM] Re: heads-up on 190000651307
From: "Paul Martinez" <pdmphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:06:47 -0700
I have one in good condition, that has worked perfectly on my FF Canon mount
DSLR that I'm going to be selling.  I have found it to be better than any
other 90-100mm lens I've tested, including the Zuiko 90/2 macro. I have to
many lenses though and need to reduce the weight of my bag. Since I also
have the Zuiko 35-80/2.8 (which performs very well 80mm), and a 90/2.5
Vivitar Series1 macro, something has to go in that range. At normal working
distance the Zuiko 100/2 trashes the Vivitar 90/2.5, but I need macro since
I shoot all nature/landscape, and the Vivitar does a fine job at macro. I
also don't use it wide open - where it deserves to be used. Wide open or
stopped down this lens gets the best color, contrast, edge to edge
sharpness, and is bokeh king. I've also found it to be the most resistant to
ghosting/flaring - where the Vivitar is terrible and even the Zuiko
35-80/2.8 doesn't come close.

The lens shows some normal wear but the optics are near perfect. One tiny
1mm scratch on the edge of the front element that's was there when I got it
and some very minimal internal dust (very little for a used lens and I'm
very picky about that sort of thing). Nothing that has ever shown up on my
full frame 14MP DSLR. Focus is silky smooth, aperture is snappy, aperture
ring has nice clicks.

If you are interested let me know and I will send some pics of the lens.

Paul