[OM] Re: F30 review, but partly on topic [was Protective Filters]

Subject: [OM] Re: F30 review, but partly on topic [was Protective Filters]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 10:02:34 -0400
The noise in the 300D image is a bit amazing.  Also the exposure
differences.  Particularly noticeable to me in the camera body in the
ISO 400 images.  DPReview has always claimed that Canon sensors are 1/3
stop more sensitive than the ISO rating would inidate what what I see
looks like more than 1/3 stop difference between the two cameras.  Are
we seeing the full frame or a cropped section?  Is the Fuji doing a lot
of noise reduction that would be recognizable by lost detail at high
magnification?

Chuck Norcutt