[OM] F30 review, but partly on topic [was Protective Filters]

Subject: [OM] F30 review, but partly on topic [was Protective Filters]
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 09:39:45 -0700
>NOTE: Even if you have no interest at all in the F30, you might consider
>reading the part about sensor noise tests for a peek into the future.
>4/3 sensors will be able to have both high rez and low noise - if Fuji
>makes them or somebody else figures out what Fuji is doing.

<SNIP>

Moose, the lighting on your test was the same for both cameras?  I figure it
was but the washout of the shadow on the books is dramatic enough that I had
to ask that question.

As you point out, the detail of the camera case is dramatic.
The F30 seems to have a greater color saturation, is that or the 300d closer
to what the scene really was?

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets