[OM] Re: OT: Beer WAS Re: To all the Canucks on the List...

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Beer WAS Re: To all the Canucks on the List...
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 14:43:25 -0700
Hey, when I last lived in Canada (1979), the word "microbrew" hadn't yet
been coined! When I was a bit younger and crewing on a Thistle we'd go to
regattas in Canada and bring back cases of Molson's Stock. Compared to the
3.2% Budweiser we could get in Ohio, Molson's was heaven.

Now, what'd I really like would be a slab o' VB....

;-)

I really learned to appreciate beer when I lived in Melbourne. Aussies drink
more than any other people I've ever met...of course, I haven't lived in
Ireland... The mass-market beer there (VB, not Fosters!) was much more like
the microbrews of today than what I could get in NYC in the '80's.

These days of course, here in the Northwest we have a plethora of tasty
microbrews. Diamond Knot IPA <http://www.diamondknot.com/> and Manny's Pale
Ale <http://www.georgetownbeer.com/ > are two of my current faves.

Rob in Seattle