[OM] Re: F30 review, but partly on topic [was Protective Filters]

Subject: [OM] Re: F30 review, but partly on topic [was Protective Filters]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 14:51:43 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Maybe you could throw in a 5D 1600 and 3200 while you're at it.  :-)

Now you know that's a whole different ball park.  ;-)   The 5D at 3200
is just unreal <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/_MG_0194.htm>.

Also, I think comparing noise between cameras of wildly different
resolutions is hard to make meaningful. Full pixel samples don't really
show what the difference in displays of the same subject at the same
display size will look like. One reason I went ahead with the F30/300D
comparison is that they are essentially the same resolution, so full
pixel samples are fair comparisons.

Moose