[OM] Welcome, Tim.

Subject: [OM] Welcome, Tim.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 21:00:53 -0700
Welcome, Tim. The people on the list are a friendly bunch and not
afraid of off topic rambles. We started as a list dedicated to
Olympus OM cameras and lenses, but have branched out from there with
the discontinuing of those cameras and the advent of digital.

Congratulations on your E-500. It is the one I would have gone for
had I not impatiently gone to another digital system before Olympus
finally made its move.  One nice thing that many users on the list
have found that many of the older Olympus OM lenses work well with an
adaptor on their E series cameras. Unfortunately Canon owners have
discovered that too and have bid up the price of some of the nicer
wide angle lenses.

Too bad about the manual. You can download manuals here:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_download_manuals.asp

Taking a photography class sounds like a good plan. Many of us have
done that getting started or spent years reading books and learning
slowly in the school of evaluating our mistakes.

I envy the trip you are planning. Sounds like a good one.

Ah, yes. Mosquito stories. A few have been passed around on this list.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA