[OM] Re: Welcome, Tim.

Subject: [OM] Re: Welcome, Tim.
From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 00:25:20 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Welcome, Tim. The people on the list are a friendly bunch and not
> afraid of off topic rambles. We started as a list dedicated to
> Olympus OM cameras and lenses, but have branched out from there with
> the discontinuing of those cameras and the advent of digital.
>
> Congratulations on your E-500. It is the one I would have gone for
> had I not impatiently gone to another digital system before Olympus
> finally made its move.

Sounds like my story! I was waiting for Pentax to come up with a decent DSLR,
got tired of waiting, and bought my C-8080Z!
I considered it the best compromise for the money and the fine lens the Oly
has. I still do...
Unfortunately, I cannot use any of the pile of Pentax lenses I have!

Alternatively, ignoring the digital uses for the moment, using an adapter I
can use most of my M42 Pentax lenses on my OM bodies just fine!
For the most part that relieves me from worrying about buying much more
expensive Olympus OM lenses.
The SMC Takumar lenses are very highly regarded...

> One nice thing that many users on the list
> have found that many of the older Olympus OM lenses work well with an
> adaptor on their E series cameras. Unfortunately Canon owners have
> discovered that too and have bid up the price of some of the nicer
> wide angle lenses.

To clarify, are you saying that Canon users can get an adapter to use OM
lenses on their cameras?
Not that OM lenses have ever been exactly cheap, but this will certainly raise
the OM lenses prices on line...

> Winsor
> Long Beach, California, USA

keith whaley