[OM] Re: Welcome, Tim.

Subject: [OM] Re: Welcome, Tim.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 08:29:36 -0400
For a list of available adapters (especially EOS and 4/3 bodies) see
<http://www.cameraquest.com/adaptnew.htm>

The CameraQuest adapters are high quality but also very expensive.  But
the site also give you a comprehensive list of what's available if
you're willing to pay the price.  Many of these same adapter types can
be found on ebay from Chinese sources at a small fraction of the
CameraQuest price.  Many of these adapters are also well made but some
are not.  Some are clearly made with automated equipment and some are
clearly hand made on a lathe.  Some are aluminum instead of brass or
stainless steel and some may be missing something for proper operation
such as a pin to stop down the lens.  But at $20-30 vs $175 it pays to
experiment.

I have two OM to EOS adapters.  For the first one I paid $100.  For the
other $20.  The first one will accept all 20 (or so) of my OM mount
lenses.  The cheaper one will not accept 3 of my non-Zuiko lenses.  The
fit is too tight by probably .001 inch.  No problem, the ones that don't
fit can be used with the other adapter.

Chuck Norcutt