[OM] Re: available adaptors/300MM

Subject: [OM] Re: available adaptors/300MM
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:09:30 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2006 7:51:34 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Now, on  anothe concern of mine, If I am at Masa Mara in Kenya taking pics,
and want a  300MM lens for the balloon ride/ jeep rides in the parks, what kind
of lens  system should I be looking for? I looked online for a Zuiko 300MM
and it  weighed 7 pounds and cost the same as my mortgage downpayment... ( hmmm
which  one do I *really* want more... dont ask my wife that one...) What other
 practical alternatives could I be using?

Hmm, well is it 300mm 4/3 format or 300mm 35mm format you are after?   If the
former, you may have trouble getting the big DZ by momma.  If  on the other
hand you have a manual focus 300mm Zuiko or other lens for an OM,  you can use
it and you will have a 35mm equivalent of a 600mm field of  view.  I use both
my Tamron 300mm f2.8 and 400mm f4 with and without  extenders on my e-1.
Theyare both heavy and I only use them with a  tripod.  The Zuiko OM 300mm f4.5
might be a good choice.

Bill Barber