[OM] Re: Recommendations in San Diego

Subject: [OM] Re: Recommendations in San Diego
From: Philip Pemberton <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 17:34:55 +0100
Gary W. Marklund wrote:
> Yes, they will hand check film in the U.S. I just went through this. I
> removed
> it from the containers and put the cannisters in a ZipLoc bag. Politely ask
> for a hand check. If they start to tell you about how safe their equipment
> is, tell them you will be exposing a good deal of your film at 3200 ASA. Give
> yourself plenty of time. If they refuse, politely request to speak to their
> supervisor. I don't think that will be necessary. You should not have a
> problem.

But if you're flying from the UK, don't even THINK of trying that at
Manchester... Unless, that is, you enjoy the thought of one of their "trained
expert security staff" talking to you in the tone generally reserved for dogs
about "our equipment is perfect" and "even 3200ASA won't be damaged, it's all
the same as the 100 anyway". And my personal favourite - "You're not talking
to my supervisor, even if you're the bloody Queen, mate."

And people wonder why I hate flying...

--
Phil.                         | Kitsune: Acorn RiscPC SA202 64M+6G ViewFinder
philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx         | Cheetah: Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxeV2 512M+100G