[OM] Re: OM2n and MD1

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2n and MD1
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hans.van.veluwen@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 10:55:38 +0200
: In our local shop is a titanium 4ti for 300SFr or a 2n with MD1 for
: 180SFr. I am contemplating the 2n but do I really need it, I have a
: winder 2 already, does the MD1 offer a big advantage and it looks like

: it has the nicad battery pack  - but will that still be any good after
: few years, not sure whether I am trying to talk myself in or out of
: buying it ;-)

If the 2n package also includes the M. 15V Ni-Cd Charger it sounds like
a very good deal - really worth something like 300 or 400 euros
depending on the shape of the camera. Without the charger you can't use
the Control Pack. You can test the batteries by charging them for one
night. If they are dead, perhaps you can reduce the asking price even
more ;) It is possible to replace the batteries yourself - the procedure
is described at:

http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/camrep.faq.html#ques_O3

and

http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/camrep.faq.html#ques_O4

If you shoot sport or other action 5 fps is a big advantage. The MD1
with or without the Control Pack also makes a very nice lightweight
camera grip.

Hans