[OM] [OT] Scanning 8mm movie film to digital

Subject: [OM] [OT] Scanning 8mm movie film to digital
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 15:33:08 -0400
Anybody here have experience with having 8mm film scanned and written to
DVD?  My wife just dug up some reels of 8mm Kodachrome taken by her
father in the mid to late 40's.  Unexplainedly it was stored in the
scorching attic.  Also unexplained is that it looks like it's still in
pretty good condition.  At least one roll shows very vibrant reds and
blues and white snow.  Looks better than some of my K64 stuff from the
60's and 70's.

Any advice?  Comments on cost and quality of conversion?

Chuck Norcutt