[OM] [OT] My buddy's article on HDR

Subject: [OM] [OT] My buddy's article on HDR
From: Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:13:53 -0600
A buddy of mine (Royce Howland) who's an ardent digital photographer of
birds and landscapes was recently asked to submit an article to the
Naturescapes forum on the subject of High Dynamic Range (HDR)
photography.  Well, the article was submitted, and instead of chopping
it to bits to make it fit into their typical limit of 3 to 4 pages, the
editors decided that the article was 100% solid gold, and needed to be
published in its entirety without butchery.

All 49 pages of it, images included.

Anyways, he's already received some extremely positive feedback, and I
was one of the victi... er, helpers who gave some pointers and did some
minor edits on the article before he submitted it.  It's here:

      http://www.naturescapes.net/072006/rh0706_1.htm

A very impressive piece of work.  Check it out, folks -- HDR's gonna
revolutionize the way some photography's done, IMNSHO.  Unless of course
Adobe manages to buy up the companies that are making the *good* HDR
software (instead of what's in Photoshop CS2, which is kinda mediocre)
and mercilessly crush the tech (and by "crush" I mean, of course, put it
into Lightroom where only Mac users will ever see it again...  ;-)  ).

Garth