[OM] Re: [OT] Scanning 8mm movie film to digital

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Scanning 8mm movie film to digital
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 13:33:29 -0700
I just had that done with about 8 minues of 16mm my dad shot of me in the
back yard in about 1958, stored in a blazing hot Ohio attic for about 50
years, as well as some 8mm of my sister from the '70's.  Until I was
cleaning out the attic of the family home after my dad passed away I had no
idea anything like this existed. My dad was a photographer, so I have
literally thousands of b&w prints and negatives of my sister and me, but
this is the only movie. As it happens I was about three when the film was
shot, the same age my son is now. The similarities in the way we move is
uncanny.

Constrast was a bit high, but colors were vibrant. There's a service here in
Seattle that was recommended to me by a fellow in a local advertising house
next office over. It took about a week and cost about $70 for both reels.
Totally worth it.

-Rob in Seattle