[OM] Re: [OT] Scanning 8mm movie film to digital

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Scanning 8mm movie film to digital
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 17:50:11 -0400
Holy smokes!  I just dug a little deeper and discovered two rolls of
16mm B&W.  I have some leftover bits of the 8mm camera but I never knew
he had a 16mm camera.

Anyhow, any notion of what the run time might be for different reel
sizes?  All but one of the reels are quite full coming to within a few
millimters of the diameter of the reels themselves.  The outside
diameter of the reels for the 8mm stuff is either 75 or 125mm.  The
diameter of the 16mm reels is 90mm.  I think the frame rate on these 8
and 16mm cameras was about 24 fps but I have no clue as to how many
frames fit on a reel.

Chuck Norcutt