[OM] Re: [OT] Scanning 8mm movie film to digital

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Scanning 8mm movie film to digital
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 22:45:52 +0000
Chuck,

Not sure enough about the 8mm to give an answer, but a roll of 16mm film of
that size is 100 feet in length.  At 24 fps, 100 ft. runs 2.75 minutes (166.5
seconds, to be precise).  If you know the length, it's easy to figure the time,
because at 24 fps, three feet runs five seconds.  I've got boxes of the stuff
somewhere "down there."

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from