[OM] Re: Which tripod should I get ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which tripod should I get ?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 07:29:25 EDT

There are too many tripods/heads on the BH and it's really  confusing,
>so.. could anybody recommend a good combination(tripod/head)  that does
>the job within $200 budget  ?
>
>thank
>-kem

Kem, I'm with the rest of the crew here when I  say, "Buy the best  you can
afford."  eBay can be a good place to find a tripod at the right  price and if
buying used you will expand the universe of  possibilities for your budget.
If you decide what you want you might  put a want to buy post on this list,
just put "WTB - (whatever it is you want)"  as the subject line.

What you are looking for may not be as simple as you think.  If you  were
looking for a good sturdy tripod at a reasonable price, I would suggest the
"Tiltall" as a solid tripod for about $100.  They have been around for ever
and
make a simple inexpensive unit for around $100 which includes the  head.  Bill
Barber