[OM] OT Setting the record straight

Subject: [OM] OT Setting the record straight
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 15:24:26 +0000
A couple of our "down under" members have derisively implied that my SSR is the
same as the Holden UTE.  That ain't so.  Here's a recent post on the SSR Forum
from somebody in that neck of the woods, i.e., Townsville QLD Australia.

"One of my fellow PT owners on the Gold Coast in Queensland sent me a post
regarding a Ricochet Silver SSR at a car show on the Gold Coast earlier this
month. It had been converted to R/Hand Drive and the owner was asking the
paltry amount of AUS$145,000.00 for it!!!! The trouble here is that no-one
knows anything about the SSR so could be a bit difficult to sell. (Unless you
are like my Mark and fall in love with it straight away and have to have it at
all cost regardless of never having sat in one!!)"

Just setting the record straight.  The SSR ain't no farm truck and is not built
with a GTO engine on a GTO/Commodore chassis.  If they built a Corvette truck,
this would be it. Any resemblance between the SSR and the UTE is only skin
deep.  :-)

Walt

"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --