[OM] Re: Which tripod should I get ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which tripod should I get ?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:01:43 -0700
Walt Wayman wrote:
> Tripods are like women.  You should never commit to one without trying it out
> first.  The same goes for what kind of head you'll like.

Thanks for putting my usual rant into such a simple, direct and
enjoyable form. I just didn't have the energy for it this time around.

I spent $2,700 for the 5D camera body without ever having seen on in the
flesh, let alone holding one until the box landed on my doorstep, and am
more than content. I would not spend $50 on any tripod or head or any
accessory for them without handling it first.

Moose