[OM] Re: F30 review, but partly on topic [was Protective Filters]

Subject: [OM] Re: F30 review, but partly on topic [was Protective Filters]
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:14:29 -0700 (PDT)
Moosie wrote:
> That was where my specific crop by 2x from 12mp = 3mp comments
> came from. And I agree with him in many regards. I have great
> 8x10 prints from a 2mp camera.

I've got your "I Agree with AG-Schnozz" t-shirt on the way.

> And as I've posted before, it turns out that the 5.1mp in an
> APS-C sized central portion of the 5D sensor easily and
> obviously resolve more detail in the subject than the 6.3mp
> of the 300D sensor

This is a testiment to the improved and much thinner AA/IR
filter on the 5D senser. It was only a matter of time before
that got improved. This is probably the biggest resolution
handicap of the Olympus E-1.  Look at the difference between the
5D and the 1Ds. Essentially the same pixel count, but the
apparant resolution improvement is such that Stevie Wonder could
probably see it.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com