[OM] Re: End of the world as we know it

Subject: [OM] Re: End of the world as we know it
From: Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 15:49:29 -0600
AG Schnozz wrote:

[snip]

> Honestly, I think the biggest thing missing in the digital
> darkroom is the dodging and burning methodology. The ability to
> broadly apply D/B to an image is totally different in Photoshop.
> Sure, the features are there, but the design intent is for much
> smaller areas.

As I wrote the day before yesterday in another message-thread on HDR,
you should give the "LightZone" application a test-drive.  I'm just
starting to get into it myself, and it's quite intriguing.  It really
does sorta remind me of the time I used to spend in the darkroom,
without all those nasty chems, of course:

      http://www.lightcrafts.com/

Just another fine app for Adobe to swallow whole after enough people
discover it...

Garth