[OM] Re: Which tripod should I get ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which tripod should I get ?
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:27:43 -0700
I see you have gotten a lot of good advice.  I got my tripod 24 years ago, a
Cullmann 2903.  I am still using it.  It can go very low, is light and
sturdy.  The head that come with it is kind of clumsy, but Cullmann now
makes really nice ball heads which I guess will fit on the old systems.
Every now and then used Cullmanns show up on eBay and often go between
$20-60 depending on model, I would say that's a bargain, especially if you
can find the 2903.  2502 is similar but doesn't go as low.

Just in case you want to consider other models than those already suggested
(and they are actually probably better than the Cullmanns).