[OM] Re: Storage devices

Subject: [OM] Re: Storage devices
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 21:58:34 +0200
I use a Nexto CF with a 80Gb drive. This models does not have a
screen to review your photos, just  a tiny screen to control the
operation. Unlike most other such devices, it has both a USB and a
Firewire connexion. Copy of the card to the Nexto is extremely quick,
one of the quickest. Battery life is extremely good - the absence of
a viewing screen probably has something to do with this... And the
Nexto is rather compact (the size of a small paperback book).

All in all, a small, rugged, no-frills device, ideal for travel. When
travelling in SE Asia recently, I was copying my CF cards at night
when back at the guest house. Never had a problem with the Nexto.
Highly recommended!

Bernard