[OM] Re: Tripods/ Packs or cases

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripods/ Packs or cases
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:49:35 -0400
My theory: they sell it cheap because it's another form of
advertising.  More than a couple camera lists favor it even if they
shoot other brands.

When they found out you guys were removing their logo they made it
more difficult to do so.  :D

Have you seen pix of Cartier-Bresson and other old masters 'at work'?
Most of 'em just had a small, nondescript satchel slung over a
shoulder.  A full Leica kit probably weighs in at less than five
pounds.  OM with a few primes about the same -- though not available
in the first seventy years of the 20th century.

FWIW/ScottGee1

On 7/6/06, AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Pricewise, the Canon 200EG backpack from Amazon (actually
> > ships from Adorama) is one of the best deals going.  It sells
> > for USD 35.94 and you can get free shipping.
>
> This bag is so dirt cheep I can't imagine anybody NOT buying it.
> Shoot, you can't even buy a quality book bag for that price.
>

> > I've had one for a bit. One important thing I did is
> > to remove the Canon label.
>
> I haven't broken mine off yet, but I did use a permanent marker
> to blacken it.  I figured that between the printer and the bag,
> I can pretend to be a 5D shooter.
SNIP!