[OM] Re: Which tripod should I get ?

Subject: [OM] Re: Which tripod should I get ?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:26:18 -0700
Walt Wayman wrote:
> I always hesitate to disagree with Moose, because he usually turns out to be
> right and then I sulk for an hour or so.  But anyway, my experience with and
> opinion of the Cullmann 2903 differs from his.
So which one of us bet on de bob-tailed nag and which one bet on de bay?
> I have used one for years for macro work, especially stuff down on the
> ground, where most macro photography seems to take place
And that's one reason my experience differs from yours and Johann's. My
2903 doesn't have the  macro arm and I have mostly used it fully
extended and up high. There, the difference between it and the CF tripod
is huge.
> , and haven't noticed any undue vibration, even when I fail to follow
> procedure, go hands-off and use either self timer or -- heaven forbid --
> cable release.  Like here:
>
> http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1112.jpg
>
> Maybe Moose taps harder'n I do.  :-)

Hey, a tap is all I've got, no cartridges.

Moose