[OM] Re: Tripods/ Packs or cases

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripods/ Packs or cases
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:54:29 -0700
AG Schnozz wrote:
>> My theory: they sell it cheap because it's another form of
>> advertising.  More than a couple camera lists favor it even if
>> they shoot other brands.
>>
> I think they've had to blow them out at a discount because CANON
> EQUIPMENT WON'T FIT IN IT!

Huh? I carried 5D with lens, 300D with body cap as back-up, Canon
50/1.8, Canon 24-84, Tamron 90/2.5, Tamron 28-300 and hoods, etc. easily
in mine.

I figure it intentionally won't fit the Pro bodies 'cause they should
pay more for their carrying devices.
> Yeah, mine is the metal logo type too. I spent a little bit of
> time trying to break it but decided to just go with the flow.
> Maybe somebody would mistake me for a PROFESSIONAL because of
> it. Somebody did ask me where I got the blackened logo, though.

Typical Canonado, as you put it before. You can probably make a cottage
industry out of blackening logos - until the new, hot thing comes along.

I use Canon because they make the best tool for my job, not because I
like the company.

Moose