[OM] Re: Storage devices

Subject: [OM] Re: Storage devices
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 17:01:07 +0200
>I guess the definition of "field" changes one's viewpoint.  Tramping
>around France and Britain for a month alters my perception of a small
>modern laptop from "useful" to "useful...as a boat anchor."

Not to mention India, Cambodia... And in addition, in many cases I wouldn't
trust leaving the computer in the hotel room. And carrying a computer in a
backpack that will be carelessly tossed on top a bus on Gujarat's bumpy roads
and under a mercilless sun... no thanks. Take it with me in the bus? I barely
have the space to sit... ;-)

The best solution for me is a device to copy the CF cards, someting small,
rugged, reliable and not too fancy, like the Nexto. Or even two of them
(possibly difefrent models), for added security (I haven't gone to that level
yeti. In teh field, I shoot only Raw, use sevral CF cards (3*1Gb + 1*2Gb), and
a Nexto CF.

Bernard