[OM] Re: Nature Photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Nature Photography
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 00:09:33 -0600
Moose wrote:
> Well, it's 1 - 1 - 1, AG fer, Walt agin and Moose straddling the line.

  Yup, I'd vote in favour of real, too. I've seen the lighter sky inside
rainbows before, and the outer bow is reversed, which is correct. The
sun must be behind the photographer, and I'm assuming there's some sort
of low-lying obstacle which is casting the shadow on the bottom parts of
the tree in the 'foreground'.

  To get an entire rainbow in shot takes a 19mm lens, apparently, and
this photo has the entire rainbow and then some, so I'm guessing it's
probably a 15mm or so, which makes it pretty difficult for me to judge
perspective -- but I suspect the tree is actually fairly near to the
photographer, and thus the lighting on the rest of the image could well
make sense.

  Here's another impressive photo of a rainbow I found while poking around:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Harpe_de_lumiere.jpg

  -- dan