[OM] Re: Nature Photography

Subject: [OM] Re: Nature Photography
From: Garth <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 08:42:28 -0600
Walt Wayman wrote:
> Well, for one thing, the light's wrong.  I can almost swallow some parts of
> it, even though I've never seen both ends of a rainbow at the same time.

Actually, I see a couple of "complete" rainbows almost every summer here
in Alberta.  You're right, Walt -- living on the prairie does help.  The
rest of this photo doesn't necessary befuddle me either: if the photog
had a small break in the clouds behind him/her, shining a beam or shaft
of irregularly-shaped sunlight onto the landscape beyond with its ragged
edge touching the treetop in the near part of this image, then voila!

Once, when I was young and about as stupid as I am now, I saw a scene
that was as unlikely as this in southern Alberta near Waterton National
Park.  Naturally, I didn't have my trusty OMs with me, and I've
regretted the loss of that image ever since.  "F8 and be there."

Yep.  F8 and be there.

Garth