[OM] Re: Nature Photographer Mag?

Subject: [OM] Re: Nature Photographer Mag?
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 11:31:37 -0400
Bill,

I think we both somewhat agree, at least in point that this magazine
operates out of the mainstream and doesn't use standard business
practices.  I thought scam was a bit harsh in that there is no deception
in their business model... at least to me, there doesn't seem to be.  It
seems that if one participated in their level 3 then the submitter is
absorbing most of the publication costs which is why I thought it was
more "vanity press" than anything.  Extortion seems a bit strong as
well... no one is forcing anyone to do anything by illegal means or
otherwise to obtain something.  Oh well, I beat this topic to death.
Have a good day Bill.  I know I will... the sun is shining again in the
Northeast and that has been a rare occurrence for the past month.

All the best,
Richard